If you ever want to test or find BIOS or UEFI firmware version, Windows provides several clean ways to get that facts. Here’s how.
In any computer, BIOS or UEFI, extra commonly called motherboard firmware, is an important element. When you strength on the device, this firmware receives began first and performs several exceptional tests and moves before turning in control to the Windows operating system. Considering the significance of the BIOS or UEFI, it’s far critical that you recognise your BIOS or UEFI firmware model. Knowing the BIOS model or UEFI model helps you troubleshoot problems and make higher hardware buying decisions, specifically for more recent hardware.
Thankfully, Windows has numerous different approaches to locate the BIOS or UEFI version. So, on this short guide let me display you a few easy ways to locate the motherboard firmware model in Windows.
Note: Depending on your motherboard and while you acquire it, you is probably the use of either BIOS or UEFI. If you have an interest, here’s how to check. It doesn’t rely if it’s miles BIOS or UEFI, you may follow all of the methods shown under.
- SysInfo method
- DirectX Diagnostic Tool technique
- Command Prompt approach
Find BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version
Like I stated before, there are several special techniques to check the BIOS version or UEFI model. I’m displaying 3 most common and dependable methods. Follow the only you’re cushty with.1. System Information Method
Windows has an extraordinary built-in device called System Information. As you could inform from the call, this device offers you a ton of facts about your device.
1. Open the Run dialog box with Win + R keyboard shortcut.
2. Type “msinfo32” within the clean area and click “Ok“.
3. In the System Information window, locate the “BIOS Version/Date” segment. On the right-panel, you will see the BIOS or UEFI model number and date.2. through DirectX Diagnostic Tool
As an opportunity, you may also use the DirectX Diagnostic device too. Generally, this tool is used to get information approximately the DirectX additives and drives which might be established for your machine. However, the DirectX Diagnostic device additionally presents you with BIOS or UEFI model number as part of the general info.
1. Open Run conversation container with Win + R keyboard shortcut.
2. Type “dxdiag” in the clean discipline and press “Enter“.
3. You will see an information window, click on at the “Yes” button to preserve.
four. Once the experiment is finished, you may locate the BIOS model or UEFI version hunajatehdas.net proper next to “BIOS” inside the “System” tab.three. Command to locate BIOS or UEFI Version Number
If you’re cushty the use of the command-line, you could get the equal data with a single line command. The satisfactory component is, you don’t must undergo a group of different data to get to the factor.
1. Open Command Prompt from the Start menu. You can search for “cmd” and click at the Command Prompt or cmd.exe end result.
2. Now, execute the under command, you may see the version wide variety proper away.
wmic bios get manufacturer, smbiosbiosversion
That is all. I how that allows. If you’re caught or want a few help, comment beneath and I will try and help as tons as viable.